Thursday, June 12, 2008

Top 3 Movies on my ‘HAVE-to-means-HAVE-to-watch’ list

1.) The Dark Knight:

Two words why – Heath Ledger. Lot of respect for the actor he turned out to be.. and boy, did it show in Monster’s Ball, Lords of Dogtown and Brokeback Mountain.

And of course, Christian Bale. He gets my 5000 brownie points for resurrecting the uber-coolism in Batman movies. Correction – ALL superhero movies.

'Have made a mental note to keep a watch on Aaron Eckhart. That guy has made some wise choices of late, namely Thank You for Smoking and No Reservations. I bet he's got more sass for the killer role of District Attorney, Harvey Dent he's playing here.


2.) Sex & the City :

Purely because I know I’ll have mixed opinions. Like I did for The Simpsons Movie (which I thought was strictly ok, as compared to the South Park movies). The trend is familiar – the series does great, generates a cult following, ends in flying colours and big awards. Then hype builds up for ‘talks about a full feature’. Eventually so do the rumours, the endless discussions and co-stars leaking secret botox implant stories of other co-stars…

Although, I’d have to admit – I loved the show. I really am a sucker for relatable female protagonists like these four larger-than-life women in SATC.

And of course I'm planning this outing with two great gal pals. Besides if the story disappoints, at least there’s haute couture fashion and Blahniks to drool at…

3.) Hancock:

Take a completely original plot- “A hard-living superhero who has fallen out of favour with the public enters into a questionable relationship with the wife of the public relations professional who's trying to repair his image.”

Take two stellar actors of today – His Handsome Highness, Will Smith and Charlize Theron

Andvoila- you have promise of great entertainment.

Or even if you swear by the superhero format, that would do. But be prepared to be pleasantly surprised…

1 comment:

priya said...

welcome to the blog sneha - let's hope we can keep it kickin'